Wednesday 7 May 2008

Election thanks

The "Express and Echo" have published my letter thanking the voters.

ELECTION DEFEAT DID NOT DISCOURAGE ME
I would like to thank, through Points of view, all the 384 people who turned out to vote for me last Thursday.All these people believed in my views and Exeter Labour group's 63 manifesto pledges, which resulted in a swing of nearly three per cent to Labour in the St James ward - in the face of the national trend of swings away from Labour.

I am certainly not downhearted and hope to be standing for Labour in the eventual elections for the unitary council.Until then, to all electors in the St James ward, I will remain your Labour contact and please feel free to contact me with any concerns or issues that you feel should be brought to my attention. I am around for the long-haul, not just election time.

I would like to pass on my commiseration to the former councillors of Exwick, Pinhoe and Polsloe. All three were excellent ward councillors, doing vital work on behalf of their residents. I am sure their presence will be missed over the coming term of office.

No comments: