Monday 31 March 2008

Direct mail to Bury Meadow area

I've received assurances from the City Council that signage is due to be erected in Bury Meadow Park that will, among other things, highlight that the park is part of an Alcohol-Free Zone.

The content of the letter reads:

Dear St James Resident

Re: Bury Meadow Park and the Alcohol-Free Zone

At the recent Partners and Communities Together, many local residents expressed concern that the Alcohol-Free Zone operating in Bury Meadow Park was not sufficient advertised.

I heard these concerns and immediately raised them with the Leader of Labour-led City Council. I have been informed that new signage highlighting the fact that the Park is designated as an Alcohol-Free Zone will be erected in the next 3-4 weeks.

I hope that you will understand that I can only act in this way if you let me know of your concerns. Tell me about the issues that concern YOU.

I believe that it is time for a change in St. James. I promise positive action and pledge to consult, to listen and to act in the interests of all the residents of St James and Exeter.

As a sound engineer I spend my working life actively listening. If elected in May, I would be a councillor who actively listens to what you have to say.

Working together, residents and Labour Councillors can make a real difference.

This time last year, the Exeter Labour Party made some 52 specific pledges. All of these pledges have either been successfully implemented during the past year, or will be completed in the coming year. This year, we made 63 pledges – and we are as confident that these can be achieved during the next year. Follow the link to the Exeter City Council 2008 manifesto at
http://www.exeter-labour.org.uk

If you have any questions, want to raise a local issue, or have ideas to improve
St. James Ward, please contact me – by phone, by letter, or by e-mail.

Help me be that listening voice. I am ready to listen.

Vote LABOUR on 1st May

Paul Bull
The Labour and Co-operative Party Candidate


Printed by Exeter Labour Party. Promoted by Eddie Lopez on behalf of Paul Bull, all of 26b Clifton Hill, Exeter, EX1 2DJ.

No comments: